The Dota 2 Asia Championships is set to kick off next month after the venue has been decided.
It was finally announced that the tournament will kick off from April 1-4 at the Shanghai Oriental Sports Center in Shanghai, China. The official announcement has also revealed that the venue can accommodate up to 15,000 spectators.
Completed in 2011, the venue is of certified quality as it will also be the venue for the League of Legends World Championships semi-finals on October 28-29 this year. The League of Legends Mid-Seasonal Invitational 2016 was played here too.
This marks the second installment of this international Dota 2 tournament by Perfect World; the first event was hosted in February 2015, and jointly organized by PW, Valve and MarsTV. Evil Geniuses took first place at the event and a whopping $1.2 million in prize money, with Vici Gaming finishing in second place and taking home $366,902.
There will also little doubt that we are in for a treat, given the following roster lineup:
- Evil Geniuses (Invited)
- Wings Gaming (Invited)
- OG (Invited)
- Newbee (Invited)
- Invictus Gaming (Asia Qualifier Winner)
- VG. J (Asia Qualifier Winner)
- LGD.Forever Young (Asia Qualifier Winner)
- IG.Vitality (Asia Qualifier Winner)
- Team NP (Americas Qualifier Winner)
- Team Faceless (SEA Qualifier Winner)
- Team Liquid (Europe Qualifier Winner)
- Team Empire (CIS Qualifier Winner)